Thank you to everybody who came out and made the 1st Annual Super Shuffle 5k a success!!! We look forward seeing everybody out running,
The week's Runnings in Tacoma
May 20 - 26
Thursday, May 23
- This Thursday is one of the best days to be a fan of running in the 253. The State Track meet is in town, again, at Mt. Tahoma HS and Thursday night is one of my favorites! With just an evening schedule, you can see the some of the best HS distance runners in the nation battle it out in the 1600 meter races and then a boat load of great 4x400 relays under the lights. Do yourself a huge favor and treat yourself to the excitement. Check out the weekend's schedule here.
- The Tacoma Runners are hosting their regular Thursday run. Everybody will head out to 6th Ave, again...this time it's Guadalajara's! (Love that place!) You can check here for details and updates on that kind of stuff. The start is at 6:30, as usual.
Friday, May 24
- The State Meet continues with a full day of action. See the schedule here.
Saturday, May 25
- Tacoma Runners are hosting thier weekly free 5k at the Point! Your only race option in the 253 starts at 8 AM. Let's all watch the numbers grow in the coming weeks...
- Day 3 of the Washington State Track & Field Championships wraps up today at Mount Tahoma. With all of the prelims out of the way, Saturday is always entertaining! Again, how often do you have the best from the state and even the country compete in our own backyard?!?!? Head out to Mt. T...schedule here.
Other Great Upcoming Races in Tacoma/253
Saturday, June 15th
Race for Casen 5k, Edgewood
- Occasionally, there are races that are run for a truly worthy cause...this is one of the those races!
- 100% of the proceeds will go to the Buswell family to help pay for little Casen's medical treatments for the very rare condition he has.
- Even if you cannot participate that day, you can still donate to the cause here.
- Great series of truly fun runs on a few select Saturday evenings throughout the summer! One run each month from June to September with beer to be consumed afterwards at a nearby establishment. 21+ only.
- June 8th - Sneakers to Suds @ Wright Park
- July 13th - Run to the Top @ McKinley Park & Top of Tacoma
- August 10th - Park to Pint @ Point Defiance Park (formerly the Goldfish Gallop)
- September 14th - Run Wright to the Pub @ Wright Park (formerly the Harmon Tap Room Hustle)
Saturday, September 21st
The Color Run 5k, Tacoma
- The newest/biggest race craze to be sweeping the nation (even featured on the cover of Runner's World magazine), The Color Run, is coming to the 253.
- Great looking course beginning and ending at the Tacoma Dome, running along the Thea Foss and through downtown.
- Sign up early to get in on the fun!
Visitors since Wednesday, January 16, 2013